What a week.
I've spent about 30 of the last 36 hours sleeping. Riley had a cold earlier this weekly and promptly shared his yuck with Kevin and me. Kevin never gets super sick so he managed to get by with some congestion and runny nose, etc.
Me, on the other hand... I get sick if I look at someone with a bad cough. I think the stress of not sleeping during deadline combined with the germs shut down my body. I went to the clinic last night at 9 p.m. and thankfully, tested negative for flu. And was told I needed to rest and let it run its course with the help of some over-the-counter healing. Lovely. I was hoping for some strong narcotic drugs. Boo.
Thank God for Kevin. He completely took over all parenting and house duties the past few days. I was absolutely useless. This evening, I'm finally feeling a bit back to normal although still pretty stuffy and gross.
Tomorrow, we are set for a crazy day of paintball with our kickball pals. This should be interesting... I think one of us has ever done it before. I've heard it hurts... I'm kind of scared. But, can't wait to come back and report all about it.
Here are highs and lows for the week:
- Finishing deadline.
- Being sick helped me catch up on much-needed sleep.
- Super fun mom's night out dinner at Mama Roja's with swim moms. (can't wait until the next one!)
- Being off deadline means I can start planning Riley's party!
- Amazing weather.
- Real Housewives of Orange County (sorry, I love my trash TV)
- Completely behind on house everything due to above mentioned sickness.
- Sucky Sooner Football (could it get worse?)